Date: 08 Mar 2018 - 08 Mar 2018
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Lyttelton Arts Factory, 1 Sumner Road, Lyttelton
Join us in celebrating the successful return of the JOIDES Resolution with an evening of tales from THEN AND NOW.
The scientific research vessel JOIDES Resolution is returning to Lyttelton after two months in the Ross Sea, with new discoveries on ice sheet and ocean dynamics over the last 20 million years.
This voyage follows the GLOMAR Challenger, which visited the same port 45 years ago when undertaking the first expeditions to the Ross Sea and Southern Ocean.
(1) 1973 – DEEP SEA DRILLING PROJECT
– MC – Tim Naish Victoria University of Wellington
– Jim Kennett (UC Santa Barbara) Chief Scientist Leg 29
– Fred Davey (GNS Science) Geophysicist, R/V Eltanin
– Peter Barrett (VUW) Sedimentologist, Leg 28
(2) 2018 – INTERNATIONAL OCEAN DISCOVERY PROGRAM
– MC – Denise Kulhanek Texas A&M University
– Rob McKay (VUW) and Laura DeSantis (OGS, Trieste) co-chief scientists, and
– the IODP 374 science party
Food and drink provided – cash bar operating
Register by 5 March at: https://drilling-for-past-antarctic-climate-then-and-now.eventbrite.com